The science of sound wave behavior in air.
Relating to the sounds that humans hear; the broadcasting or reception of sound.
The process of taking recorded sound and changing it directly in the recording medium.
Changes can include removing unwanted sound and enhancing the sound by adding or
A recording of the contents of a book read aloud and is also referred to as books on tape. It is
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry