The number of cycles per second (Hertz) expressing the difference between the lower and upper limiting frequencies of a frequency band; also, the width of a band of frequencies
A bit is the simplest component in computing. Bits are given a value of either 1 or 0 based on the voltage they are carrying at the time. These bits make up each and every part of the programs and processes that computers encounter. Sequences of bits in particular orders define the what, where, and why of computing.
|Blu Ray Disc||
A standard created by Apple, Dell, Hitachi, HP, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK, and Thomson for encoding high definition video for optical disc playback. Based on MPEG-4 AVC – part of the MPEG-4 standard also known as H.246 (High Profile and Main Profile). Blu Ray Discs are not recommended for long-term preservation.
Broadcast Wave Format - This format is derived from the ubiquitous Wave audio format. The format was created for professionals, enabling the ability to embed standardized metadata into the file itself. The extension for the BWF is also .wav.
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry