The National Archives and Records Service of South Africa Act (Act No. 43 of 1996), as amended.
The process of determining the value and thus the final disposal of records and the decision regarding the preservation requirements of each record or series of records.
Those values, administrative, fiscal, legal, evidential and/or informational, which justify the indefinite or permanent retention of records.
Records in the custody of an archives repository.
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry