The action of either destroying/deleting a record or transferring it into archival custody.
A written authority issued by the National Archivist specifying which records should be transferred into archival custody or specifying which records should be destroyed/deleted or otherwise disposed of.
|Disposal authority number:||
A unique number identifying each disposal authority issued to a specific office.
The specific instruction regarding disposal allocated to each record e.g. D for delete/destroy and A for transferring into archival custody.
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry