|Electronic Records Management System:||
A (normally out-of –the –box) electronic system that contains business rules to manage records to ensure that they are authentic and reliable. A.k.a Electronic Records Management Applications.
|Electronic records system:||
This is the collective noun for all components of an electronic information system, namely: electronic media as well as all connected items such as source documents, output information, software applications, programmes and meta data (background and technical information i.r.o. the information stored electronically) and in hard copy. All these components are defined as records by the Act. They must therefore, be dealt with in accordance with the Act's provisions.
See non-archival records.
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry