|Integrated Document and Records Management System:||
A system that supports the medium to long term information needs of a governmental body. It provides functionality over and above that of an electronic document management system to preserve the security, authenticity and integrity of records to enable the permanent preservation of records. Its primary management functions are –
Records with a short-lived interest or usefulness.
A record created or received by a governmental body in pursuance of its activities, regardless of form or medium.
a. Recorded information regardless of form or medium.
b. Evidence of a transaction, preserved for the evidential information it contains.
- About Us
- Public Education Programmes
- Introduction to the collections
- National Archives Repository Services to the Public
- National Film, Video and Sound Archives
- Preservation Management
- Access to Sensitive Archival Records
- From the Collections
- Using the Search Function
- Records Management
- Why Records Management?
- Elements of a Sound Records Management Programme
- Legal Framework
- Records Management Compliance Test
- Managing Electronic Records
- Pamphlets, Directives and Guidelines
- General Disposal Authorities
- Records Managers in Governmental Bodies
- Transfer of Records to the National Archives
- Supply of Archival Records Back to Governmental Bodies
- Glossary Terms
- Contact Us
- Bureau of Heraldry